Monday, March 14, 2011

Dilemma


















It's been a month since i started my job as a tutor. Some of my diploma course mates have already move on to Bachelor Degree in Culinary Arts. Months ago i was so sure that imma pursue my degree in commerce in order to achieve my goal as a restaurant owner in the future.


My whole family attended my convocation last February. After that my dad wanted me to finish my degree in culinary arts instead of going to the business field. I was so sure that i want to leap over to the business field though i know the consequences waiting ahead of me.


But lately i started to miss being in campus's kitchen. I miss cooking in campus kitchen. i miss yelling "WHERE IS THE OLIVE OIL!???"(That's what me and my group mate did when we had our practical classes.) I bumped into a former course mate of mine who is taking degree in culinary arts. He told me that he's learning Vietnamese cuisine now and pastry classes have been hardcore.


It seems that they are learning tons of new methods and recipes. Right there and then i was feeling uneasy because i really love being in the kitchen and love making food. But i really don't see myself working in the kitchen in the near future. I love food and love to make food. But i can never tolerate with the unusual working time. 


People around me always commented that i'm a smart boy to begin with. Thus i wanna proof myself that i ain't only street smart i could be book smart too. I know in the near future i may bitch and moan about getting confuse with figures but i really wanna try to work my brain out. 


If you ask me to choose which field i love there isn't a doubt that i'll choose culinary arts. But i have to choose future over my best current interest.


Gahhhhh...


If only chef could have a 9-5 job daily then i wouldn't got myself so stuck at current situation. As much as i love to cook i have to leave it aside at the moment in order to get myself excel in my life.


Did you choose your job according to what you love to do?


Have you ever spend a single second feeling regret of what you have chose?


You have the same dilemma as i am too?


Cheffy Ric.


Indecisive off!

5 comments:

little-mister-obsessive said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
little-mister-obsessive said...

if you're sure you'll be happier with a 9-5 job then why not. cooking doesn't have to be done professionally...you can still do it in your spare time in future?

savante said...

Sounds like you'd be happier cooking all the time :)

動 Orson said...

although cooking is ur hobbby...
keep it while u pursue so called
1st option.

DinoRic said...

Mister obsessive: Yea..but the love of cooking making me wanna cook now! HAHA!

Sevante: I love to cook larr..but not as my job..

Orson: Yeaaa..=D