Thursday, November 25, 2010

Adapting to Situations

It's a beautiful midnight. It's Friday 2.35am now. I'm here sitting at Kuchai Lama's McD with my brother's lappy updating this post.


Usually i'll be at home at this kind of time on weekdays. But my almighty loyal LCD monitor decided not to serve me anymore. It died off. Leaving a blank black instead of colourful images. 


I got home from my last kitchen class before heading to finals 3 weeks from now. It was 11pm when i arrived home. And parents wanted to have a family prayer. When the prayer ends i hopped on the chair and get my desktop started. I sat there for more than an hour trying to get the monitor start. But no luck. It decided to leave itself be a blank black. I told my parents that i need to head out as i need to do my assignments with the internet. They don't allow it at first because it's isn't safe for me to head out at such timing(it was 1.30am).


There's nothing much they can do as the monitor is not starting up. Unwillingly they let me out. Now i am sitting in McD typing this post. Life is about adapting into new situations. As much as i love to stay at my comfort zone but when situations don't allow i just have to adapt it. Same goes to parents. As much as they want their children to stay young and never leave their sight but they still have to adapt to the situation as the kids grow up.


Well, here's a story. I know this guy M last year. We're once close acquittance. But things went the wrong directions. It all started when he blogged about an old uncle owning a Nokia N97. He remarked that the phone does not suit that old uncle at all. It doesn't match(ehh..gadgets don't wear the owner. so no need to care match or not.). After than remark, i seriously thinks that he have an attitude problem. He loves those designer's brand like Prada, Salvatore Ferragamo(SF), and the lists goes on. He even claimed that he have two bags from SF. I'm not impressed nor envy. Guys who buy designer goods with their hard earn money are much appealing fyi(but not till they obsessed stage larrr..). Somehow somewhat i can sensed that he doesn't like me in person. He thinks i grossed him out which i wanna know why. And now he thinks i'm a low class bitch. 


He even bitch and moan about the most tiny things in life. Once he told me he wanted to quit Hotel Management because he hate kitchen practicals. In my mind i was like "WHAAAAAAAAAAAT!?? SERIOUSLY? Just a subject! It's not like you're facing some discriminate issues like i do." 


Yeaaa..


I admit that i'm no high class who learn poise and posture since young. And i even think SEED bags are luxurious. But at least i know there are more to live beside designer's good. I felt hurt when i know the fact that people thinks that i'm low class. I did nothing that resembles as low class. I may not think that owning a Louis Vuitton is a must in life. I may not think that the restaurant Alexis is worth going on a causal basis. I don't even think that having a Mac Book is much privilege than Dell laptop. 


There's no doubt that designer brands are some awesome shit. Expensive things are meant to be pleasant to the eyes anyways. 


I'm really curious why M thinks that i'm low class. I just want a very definite answer.


Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...


I tried to be oblivious towards all these things. But i just can't help myself from thinking. 


I'm just another pathetic individual.


Cheffy Ric.


Ends here..

4 comments:

savante said...

Have more confidence in yourself. What someone else says about you doesn't have to be true.

Anyhow M does sound like a snotty prick if he really called you that in earnest.

- a L E x - said...

*smacks!* What did I told you?? Don't let him get to you right? *Smacks again*

SynchingZincInc said...

To find acceptance doesn't mean you need to change yourself to suit others. If that doesn't change his mind, so be it, can always go places where other people will appreciate for who you are.

Helix

Undernourished said...

Just express yrself and tell him that I do not think I am low class just because you think I am. Even if I am low class, does it matter to our friendship? ask him and tell him how you think. Be brave and vocal.