Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Added another year of Wisdom.

There's a saying "a year older, a year wiser.". I second that. Because it was indeed a true factor for my case.

This isn't a good year for me in financial point of view. But throughout the whole constant financial crisis that my family have to go through, it mold me into a better person. More mature in fact. Knowing that my parents couldn't get me a cake or even give me the an amount for me to bake my own birthday cake, my heart sank a little. But then i realized that this is not what they have planned. They just can't help it but to go through this way. I know deep down they are sad and blame themselves for not being able to provide the best for their children. For me, a cake isn't matter much for me anymore as i've learnt that there are more in life besides birthday and cakes.

I remember those days when i was younger i would pay attention what my parents have installed for my older brother on his birthday. So that i could ask for the same exact thing(or better) during my big day. But each and everytime my birthday approaches my family will face financial difficulties(it's like God detest me on my birthday.) and couldn't grant my wish. And i will go all bitter complaining that my parents isn't fair to me even yell it out loud saying they favor my brother over me. I was an ungrateful child ever in this family. 

Thinking back of those events that have happened i came to a point thinking that i was not the only one who felt the hurt. In fact, my parents are the one who felt the worst. I made them felt that they didn't do well as parents. What's worst of hearing nasty words from others is hearing your own children blaming you for your insufficient source. I was wrong for blaming my parents for all the little things they couldn't do instead of those that they have done. They may not be the perfect parents that i ever wished but they are doing a great job as my parents. I was a silly childish boy.

Though they can't provide me a fancy cake but daddy got me a rather humble cake. It's not from those branded bakery but it was priceless! Because it was a cake bought with love. 

Leave the fact of me being single, i have everything in life that worth cherish. I have family that love me like no other could. Friends made up from care and concern. And the God that never fails to bless.

I'm complete.
=)

I couldn't be thankful enough for all the wisdom that i received this year. If there isn't flaw in life there won't be me today.

I officially live for 2 decades in this planet called earth.

Birthday Ric.

With love.


Time check 12.38AM 1st December 2010


5 comments:

Vincent~ said...

*pats back* happy birthday dude. same age as me! XD

Skyhawk said...

Hair-pea bird-day...and enjoy!

savante said...

Definitely appreciate what you have :) And family is always worth appreciating.

Jason said...

Happy Birthday once again!! :-D

- a L E x - said...

KAM GUA!

When im more free, i'll make u a kam gua cake :P!